Pinterest has grown immensely and is now the third most popular social networking site. With these statistics, it is hard to ignore this new form of social media marketing. If you are not a social media guru, don’t get discouraged too quickly. Pinterest is fun and easy to use and can quickly connect you to your target audience! With that being said, here are some tips for connecting with your clients and attracting new ones with Pinterest.
- Identify your audience: As a gym or fitness studio, you know who your clients are and what they care about – being healthy! Make sure you think about your audience and what they want to hear about every time you pin or re-pin on Pinterest!
- Post original content: Visual appeal is integral to social media marketing success, so make sure to take pictures and videos of everything! Pinterest is an amazing way to go viral so that your original content can be seen by people who you may have not been able to reach otherwise. Some suggestions when creating original content: post photos of you or your trainers doing your favorite exercise, videos of workouts from your gym, fitness classes in action, and fitness blog posts (make sure you have an image to use for each post)
- Re-pin relevant pins: The content that you share with your followers must be relevant to them. This means that you will have to borrow from others to create full boards. Pinterest is all about sharing and re-sharing content. To find relevant content, search keywords like “fitness” and “exercise” and then share the pins you find with your followers.
- Think outside your workouts: You should always stay true and relevant to exercise and fitness as your main content driver, but it is also important to think outside of the workouts to gain more followers. Find topics and pins that are relevant to the lifestyle of your clients such as the following: Healthy Recipes, DIY Home Projects for Strong Homeowners, Fashion and Style, Workout Clothes, Health and Wellness Tips, Motivational Quotes, and Inspirational Celebrity Photos
- Stay personal: Your clients and followers will appreciate fun tidbits from the trainers and instructors they love! Don’t be afraid to post your favorites artwork, photography, quotes, fashion, DIY crafts, travel destinations, and recipes in order to keep that personal touch with your followers.
- Get your clients involved: The best part of social media is the opportunities for interaction it provides. Some ideas to stimulate interaction with your Pinterest followers is to create a “Board of Success Stories”. Get your clients to provide pictures of their progress and create a board sharing their triumphs. You can also create a board that revolves around your clients, allowing them to post pictures with a #hashtag theme that you can then re-pin to a board devoted just to their pins.
- Shout it from the rooftops: It’s important to let people know that you are doing your thing on Pinterest! Post a Pinterest follow button on your website, post your top pins on Facebook or Twitter, or even use the Pinterest app on Facebook to drive people to your Pinterest page!
- Interact and follow back: Just like Twitter and Facebook, it’s great to follow-back new followers on Pinterest to show them that you are paying attention! Going through your Pinterest feed and liking or commenting on pins can expand your reach and get your name out to people who have never heard of you.
- Avoid sales pitches: We know it’s tempting, but people will stop paying attention to your posts if you constantly pin sales-y content. Hold back from pins that are just trying to sell something. Pinterest is more about building your audience and loyal clients than it is about selling your latest offer.
- Inform fans of specials and upcoming events with pictures: You should, have a board that highlights special events and promotions at your gym or fitness studio. Your clients may have stopped coming to the gym, but they’re probably still looking at Pinterest, so go ahead and remind them of what they’re missing!
And here is one extra tip from the DanceFit Marketing team: Follow us on Pinterest for fabulous fitness, delicious recipes, motivational quotes, marketing tips, and more! www.pinterest.com/dancefitmktg