You have heard people say it over and over again … a picture is worth 1,000 words. And they are correct! When it comes to marketing your dance studio or fitness center, pictures are a great way to capture your audience’s attention and keep them engaged. Instagram is the latest and greatest social media tool that allows users to post fun, eye-catching photos for their customers to see. It is a super easy and simple way to post great looking photos that have the look and feel of a professional photographer, but that came straight from your smartphone or tablet device!
When it comes to using Instagram, there are a few things that you should know. Before creating an account, make sure that you have the time to devote to posting photos regularly. A great way to manage and stay consistent with your posts is to create a calendar and determine the “when and what”. It is important to interact with your clients and by uploading new photos frequently, you will easily be able to do so. In addition, make sure to include interesting descriptions with your photos that will attract peoples attention – but make sure to keep them short and simple. Your customers will not take the time to read long and lengthy paragraphs that are redundant and full of useless information.
There are a few other ways to ensure that you get noticed, as well as gain followers and likes on Instagram. Follow these steps below to ensure that you are using this social media tool to it’s full potential.
1. Use popular hashtags. In order to get more likes on your photos, use hashtags! Easily create hashtags by thinking about the subject matter of your photo, the filter used, or the app used to create the photo. For example, you can hashtag the fitness or dance move being performed in the picture… #squats, #tilt. Think about what words you want to correspond with your studio. In a way, hashtags are the keywords that define your studio on social media and connect you with new clients.
2. Connect with the community. Find other Instagram activities that are taking place and communities that you can participate in. You can join dance and fitness communities in order to associate with others that are similar to you. This is a great way to stay in the loop in regards to what’s current and happening in the industry and maybe even spark a new idea of your own!
3. Give and take. Just like any other social media network, you must keep your followers engaged. The more you interact with them, the more likely that they will do the same for you. Like people’s photos and leave comments in order to get noticed and create a personal network with your followers.
4. Get creative with your photo editing. Filters are a great way to add character to your photos, but don’t limit yourself to only the ones available on Intagram. Try photo-editing apps like Snapseed and Adobe Photoshop Express to create photos that stand out amongst the rest, or use apps such as Fuzel or PicCollage to create stunning picture collages. A great way to utilize the capabilities of a collage program is to create a picture demonstration on how to perform a workout move. Take pictures of the starting position, mid-move, and the ending position then craft into a beautiful collage.
5. Post relevant content. It is always important to remember to post content for your audience that they want to see. Think about the the time of year and notice what is happening in the world around you. To start, try posting photos of different things and monitor which photos get the most feedback and attention. You will quickly find out what works and what doesn’t.
Now go ahead, create an Instagram account, and follow these quick tips. You will be an INSTASUCCESS!